Specific & Pacific:A Purposefully Confusing Tongue-Twisting Event

I enjoy my time with ChatGTP (and other AIs) ...here's a funny recent construction from my thoughts inspired by the experience of this oft tongue tying fear of hearing folks over the years interchangeably using the word Pacific, and specific, both accidentally and on purpose. Then at the end of the poem there's some interesting etymology about the two words Pacific and passive and their Latin roots. 

...enjoy 😂 

Alright Steve… you asked for chaos.
Here comes linguistic turbulence over the Specific Pacific. 🌊🤣

---

Specific & Pacific:
A Purposefully Confusing Tongue-Twisting Event

I was being specific
About crossing the Pacific,
But I wasn’t specific
About which Pacific was specific.

Was it the specific Pacific
Or a pacific specific?
Because a pacific Pacific
Is less specific than a specific Pacific.

Specifically speaking,
The Pacific isn’t pacific —
It’s statistically terrific
At being specifically horrific.

So I tried to be specific
About pacific conditions
On a specific Pacific expedition
With suspiciously specific provisions.

But my captain was pacific —
Very calm, very composed —
While I was specific
About storms he supposed.

“Be pacific,” he said,
As I got specific instead.
“I am specific!” I cried.
“About waves ten stories wide!”

He replied, “That’s specific.
But remain pacific.”
Which isn’t specific advice
When the Pacific’s not nice.

Then a specific seagull
In the Pacific air
Got pacific with my sandwich
With specifically no care.

So I specifically yelled
At the pacific bird,
Which specifically ignored me —
Quite pacifically absurd.

By this point in the Pacific
I was specifically confused
About whether being pacific
Meant I specifically snoozed.

So I made a specific list
Of pacific things to do:

1. Be pacific in the Pacific.

2. Be specific about #1 and #2.

But specifically speaking,
I can’t pacifically decide
If being specific
Is better than pacific pride.

So here’s my final specific
Pacific clarification:
If you’re specific in the Pacific,
Stay pacific — for your own pacification.

And if that wasn’t specific,
Then pacifically forgive me —
Because specifically in the Pacific,
It’s pacifically hard to be specific at sea. 🌊🤣

______

Now, most interestingly... Etymological Note:

The word Pacific comes from the Latin pācificus — meaning “peace-making” — from pax (peace) + facere (to make). It originally described something that brings or makes peace.

The word Passive comes from the Latin passivus, derived from pati — meaning “to suffer” or “to undergo.” It describes receiving action rather than initiating it.

Though they may sound similar in English, they evolved from different Latin roots: one centered on making peace (pax), the other on enduring or suffering (pati).

________________________________________________

________________________________________________

Thanks for visiting Upstream of Everything today and come back and check for our daily articles !!!


Also look for flour other publications here...

The Swygert Theory of Everything AO 

TSTOEAO.com



Please read other material from our publishing house at... which includes but is not limited to the unification theory, 

" The Swygert Theory of Everything AO ". and Google us on Google Google scholar or anywhere online at this handle...

TSTOEAO

Again, find us there at " TSTOEAO " And we are on just about every platform, from SPOTIFY, Twitter, Tik Tok, Facebook, and visit our websites at... You can interact with us directly, you can listen to our incredible podcast or read our peer-reviewed articles with our over 160 published and a growing corpus.

TSTOEAO.com

and 

IvoryTowerJournal.com

You would like to send us an email please do so and we would love to hear from you naturally.

tstoeao@gmail.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Old Guy With A Lot Of Time To Think; A Reflection On Regret, Youth, And The Words We Did Not Understand When We Said Them

The Creative Campus: A New Model for How We Travel, Work, and Stay

The Obsession Engine: When Social Media Becomes a Feedback Loop of Escalation